Sunday 14 April 2024

Poor kitty

  A tiny loss, but I have been poppin' candy like a mad woman. Stress eating galore.


Weight: 84.9 kg (-0.2 kg)/187.2 lbs (-0.4 lbs)

BMI: 37.7

Weight loss since Sept 16, 2023: 8.2 kg/18.1 lbs


I am so fucking tired of reading about people losing weight on semaglutide (people who doesn't even have diabetes) and here I am downing stackers because my doctor don't want to prescribe me Rybelsus.

The good news: the spot on my nose is probably not cancer. The doc I saw said it's likely Seborrheic keratosis, and I quote from Wikipedia: "seborrheic keratosis is a non-cancerous skin tumour that originates from cells, namely keratinocytes, in the outer layer of the skin called the epidermis. Like liver spots, seborrheic keratoses are seen more often as people age." So, Mother Nature is basically telling me to stop lying about my age. There is another name for SK in Swedish. Gubbmossa. That means "old man's moss." The doctor simply lifted it off with her nails (she was wearing gloves) and exposed the raw skin under. It didn't hurt and still doesn't; I clean it a couple of times a day with alsol and have another appointment next Friday. It does look like a crater, though.

The bad news: my cat has a big boo boo. He developed a bump under his jaw that had to be cut open and emptied of pus and now he has to wear a cone and is miserable. I have to force feed him anti inflammatory meds and pain killers once a day. Next vet appointment is on Monday, and hopefully the tests will show it was just a boil and not cancer. I can't afford cancer.

1 comment:

  1. That’s good news about the spot! I get it. When you’ve got such a family history, it’s easy to start worrying.

    Aww, poor kitty! I hope the vet appointment goes well and it’s nothing serious. Giving cats pills is the freakin worst.

    xx

    ReplyDelete